Kangoo Jumps Boots Fitting, Sizing and Size options
Do you want to know what model is best for you? Click this form for an expert recommendation!
1. Wear (preferably thick) socks covering your ankles.
2. Be sure to check that the liner (of the inner boot) is in place and your foot fits inside smoothly and there are no folds of any extra lining.
3. Be sure not to over tighten the buckles! JumpBoots are very stable and don't need much ankle support and your foot does NOT need to be one with the boots.
4. Your toes should touch the front of the liner. They may feel a little tight at first and that is ok. The lining will adapt to your foot and give slightly when necessary.
5. If they feel too tight, you can remove the inner sole of the liner if that helps.
6. When you hear a "click" upon closing each buckle to the snapped position it is closed. If you do not get the "click" it means you are trying to close your buckle too tight. Release it slightly and try again. JumpBoots are very stable and easy to use and usually only take a couple of minutes to adapt.
There are a couple of important rules for using your JumpBoots. When putting your them on, be sure that you are sitting down. The most difficult part of wearing your JumpBoots is standing still because you have to engage your core.
Below are other important rules to follow when putting on your shoes:
1. Wear comfortable, preferably thick, longer socks that cover the ankles. JumpBoots can rub and longer thicker socks (or even 2 pairs of socks) prevent this. Rebounding from 6,000 to 9,000 times per hour is average and JumpBoots are posture corrective. They correct alignment, pronation, supination and other postural issues that your JumpBoots can correct which may cause slight discomfort for some due to JumpBoots holding you in perfect posture from the ankles. Your body will eventually get use to this. As a general rule, if you wear inserts for your shoes, use them in your JumpBoots but you may want to remove the standard insert of the JumpBoots.
2. To loosen the buckle, push and hold the tab while pulling the strap all the way out. Tuck your foot into the boot. When your foot is in place you can securely fasten the buckles by placing the strap in between the tab and the metal and click for a snug and comfortable fit. You may want to use your palm for leverage instead of your fingers to fasten the buckle. You should hear two clicks when the JumpBoots are fastened properly. There is a safety feature in the buckles that prevents them from closing if they are too tight.
3. The first time you use your JumpBoots, be sure to be sitting in a chair if at home. If you are on the floor, roll over to your hands and knees, putting one leg up, and push off your leg with both hands to start walking. Keep your head up, while looking forward, chest out, and shoulders back. Try to relax and walk normally. If you feel it is necessary you can hold onto the back of a chair or lean on a wall to find your balance to obtain a stable and upright position. Begin on a flat, dry surface indoors.
4. Your JumpBoots are very stiff out of the box, so be sure to break them in indoors for no longer than 15 minutes your first sessions. Do this by jumping up and down on ONE FOOT for a good 10 to 15 jumps and then repeat on your other foot. Then begin by jogging in place while bouncing on one foot at a time. Be sure to place your weight in the center of the JumpBoots and not on your toes or heels. Keep your feet slightly flexed and push DOWN to go UP (rebounding for bouncing) And press down to go up. Feel free to throw your entire body weight into the JumpBoots and they will hold you! The XR3 or XR3se can accommodate up to 300 lbs. When performing a Double Foot Bounce, remember to keep your legs STRAIGHT without bending your knees, pull your stomach in, and lean slightly forward to help maintain more control. In rebounding, the energy you put in is the energy that you get in return. So feel free to move lightly at first, slow jogging, or increase the intensity as you are ready.
JumpBoots come multi-sized as a standard, and can accommodate up to 3 different sizes. As a rule of thumb below is a chart with the best model options by size, weight and strength:
Kids Power Shoe1 - 3 Boys, Girls *Size 3 its best to get the 4 - 6.
SMALL (Women's Size 5 - 7.5, Men's Size 4 - 6.5)
Other recommendations for fitting:
1. If your JumpBoots feel too tight, try to remove the inner sole of your liner.
2. Listen for a "click" when closing each buckle to the snapped position. If you do not hear the "click" it means you are trying to close the buckle too much.
3. Kangoo Jumps rebound shoes are made of the best available material and are extremely durable. The life expectancy of them is about 5 years and all parts of your JumpBoots are replaceable. With normal use, your JumpBoots should last at least a year before any parts need replacing or fixing. Maintenance guidelines below:
4. The T-springs should be changed every 60 to 80 hours. If you use them longer than this you will notice a reduced rebounding effect and the boot will start to compress easily all the way to the bottom and your shells may break. The more you replace the T Spring the longer the life of your shells. Shells last for years as long as you are regularly replacing your T Springs.
5. Outdoor use of JumpBoots may reduce the life span of many components so be sure to keep them clean and dry and not stored in the trunk of your car or in sun light during storage.
6. The Liners can be machine washed at 30º C. Let them air dry and do not put them in a dryer.
7. The Soles should last years before wearing them out and are constructed of non-marking and non-slip materials. Be sure to always step flat and do not drag your feet when running as this dragging on concrete will cause the sole to slowly rub down and wear out faster. Some people may experience increased sole or clamp wear due to pronation or supination of the foot due to their specific anatomy or physiology.
8. After running on a beach (or dirt paths) make sure you disassemble your JumpBoots and carefully clean the components to remove all dust and salt. Oil the buckles & bolts.